Re: smashing pedestals

Rich I wrote:
>No, I think Daltrey finally began to embarrass Townshend.

        Could be.  Pete's never been the type to put up with sensitive
sentiments.

>Daltrey's "childish" bitterness followed on the heels of some churlish
>behavior on Townshend's part, much of it explicitly described in the
>interview, some of it displayed publicly (at Daltrey's 50th birthday bash
>on PPV), and all of it long overdue in response to Townshend's own publicly
>expressed bitterness toward the band and its accomplishments.
>
>In other words, Pete started it.

        True.  I was blown away by some of the crap that Roger has put up
with, as detailed in the things Pete said on the Maximum R&B video.  ("And I
just looked at him and said 'You f---ing wanker".)  Roger praises Pete so
kindly on that video, too!

>Did too. did too did toodidtoo.

        That's about how the argument sounds.  Sad, isn't it?

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________