Richards on Townshend

I recently saw an interview with Keith Richards on Much Music, but I don't
know the source beyond that, in which he was VERY complimentary to Townshend
as a guitarist, saying that Pete was a "beautiful" player who always came
down exactly on the beat. I think this is a perceptive take on Pete's style
(the beat often being supplied by JAE) because Pete played those staccato,
or sometimes sustained, chords just like Keith said. Of the many examples I
could cite, I love the way Pete played those driving chords on the Overture
on Pure Rock Theatre. Or the power chords on Pinball Wizard...or the power
chords on the (extended) The Kids Are Alright...or Pictures of
Lily...or...Gary M.