MG & Blues & Blonkers ("...with my pocket calculator...")

>I was already wondering how it could happen that I developped a strange and
>twisted theory about Pete's influence in rock music without someone speaking up
>like this: "Mark, leave your discussion about the origins of Blues, Reds, and
>Greys, and disprove this nonsense instead." <g>

Bernd:

Are we boring you with this discussion of American music? Let's see, I
should be able to tie in Germany there somewhere...
The problem being that I only know of a few German bands...like Blonker,
which I must say probably had only a small effect on Rock. Kraftwerk COULD
be considered the forerunner of Techno, I suppose...I'm not very familiar
with that particular kind of music, I must confess, although this store has
certainly broadened my horizons in that respect. The Scorps...well, at least
they did I Can't Explain.
Of course, the language barrier is the main thing here. I wanted to take
German in High School (and they kept saying it would be offered the next
year), but given the choice of Spanish, French, and Latin I opted for
Latin...good choice for my future, eh? So the only German I know (aside from
a few choice curse words here and there) is a silly little song about "my
three cornered hat." So much for my heritage, right?
However, I don't know ANY Cherokee...so...

                   Cheers                   ML