Re: The Real Me on 30 Years...

Johannes, re:

>>> Gary Maiullo wrote:
>It is The Real Me on the box set with Kenney Jones on drums.
>It just doesn't compare to the original version with Keith.  I can
>hardly stand to listen to it.

> Of the songs people posted that they felt were the worst, I get
>the feeling THIS track was overlooked.  Complete rubbish, and I feel safe
>to say that it is the WORST Who song (version) ever released.

        Well, for the record, the first part of above are not my words; the
second part is my response to the first.

>>> Well, but did you listen to the Bass (which is quite unusual for JAE but
still interesting) and not to be forgotten: This was taken from a rehearsal...

        My point was that Keith's drumming was/is such an integral part of the
song, and a heavy element in what I like about the song.  I guess I will have
to give it another listen, though (hard as that may be).

                gary m.