Re: How would you do the reissues?

>         A lot of folks are bummin' about the new Quad reissue, and I guess
>I can chip in as one of them, but this reissue stuff is no easy task.

Eddie:

Big question, and a big answer:

I agree with you about the WN including ALL of the Lifehouse material...I
think they should have done it as a mini-boxed set (like the LAYLA set),
which would start with the demos, then the NY sessions complete and
unedited, then the Young Vic concert, then the WN as released, then the
other Lifehouse tracks and out-takes with the original running order
included so we could program it to run as originally intended.
QUAD...I would like to see sides 1-3 on the first disc, then 4 + live or
other unreleased songs filling the second. That would give us a full 50 more
minutes of material, including the three new tracks from the soundtrack.
LAL should have been a double, including TOMMY live. If not, then as you
said: TOMMY + TOMMY LAL...or somewhere.
SELL OUT...another double disc, including tracks like EMCT, Jaguar, and My
Way with the original commercials (as on Jaguar, Anyone), Cousin Kevin Model
Child, the Great Shakes commercial, and the studio YMB. They could have
saved Glow Girl for O&S, and included the WHO'S MISSING Mary-Ann too.
A QUICK ONE in stereo but otherwise as is.
ODDS AND SODS as a triple (at least), including all the original songs,
what's on RARITIES I & II and anything else still left over, like some early
live tracks (Runaround Sue, ICSFM live in `67, Love Hurts, and so on) and
Dance It Away etc.
BY NUMBERS and WHO ARE YOU as probably will be, plus bonus tracks.
MY GENERATION with all of the early singles and B sides added.
The Pete Townshend Demos series, however many discs that would take.
And then, to top it all off: a 5 CD live set encompassing their career.

                   Cheers                   ML