The 1st Time I Saw The Who

I remember as if it were yesterday.................

Peter O'Toole called my parents in May of '76 and said that he had
commisioned The Who for a private show at the Briar Patch Club in South,
West Haven Idaho. My parents said they could only come if they brought
little 12 year old Scotty. Peter graciuosly agreed.

When we got to the Briar Patch Club I was awestruck by the famous people I
saw. Here are some of the people I remember:

Sid Ceaser
Buddy Ebsen
Sir Lawrence Olivier
John Housman
Liza Minnelli
Mike Wallace
Brenda Vaccarro
Colonel Sanders
Ray Milland
Jimmy Dean (The sausage guy)
Raymond Chandler
Tina Louis
Shields and Yarnell
Roddy Macdowell
John Hurt
Dom Deluise
Glen Campbell

The list goes on.....

Anyway, my parents and I get in the door and Richard Widmark comes up and
asks if I'll be good enough to watch some of the younger children. So I get
stuck with Crispin Glover, Lenny Kravitz, Judd Nelson, and Naomi Campbell.
They're all pretty bratty and quite a nuisance especially since I wanted to
look cool in front of Pete.

The Who took the stage at about 9:00 and started with "Young Man Blues". the
show was awesome!! Keith was wearing only a grain sack for some reason which
was real entertaining. They played some songs that have never been heard
done by The Who other than that night. I was not aware that Keith Moon wrote
"Achy Breaky Heart", I must say I like their version better though.

The people at the show were quite entertaining too. I saw my 1st mosh pit
with Buddy Ebsen and Colonel Sanders doing the most damage. Liza Minelli and
Tina Louis got into a fight over the affections of Jimmy Dean. Jimmy Stewart
made an appearance and sang "My Generation" with the band.

It was the most exciting night of my life. Were any of you there?

Mommy is here with my sedative. Oh Boy!!!! Gotta go bye bye now.

Love and Too Much Acid,
Scott Curtis