Re: Somebody Saved Me/Kit

>I, too, have wondered if the reference was to Kit.  The reasons I suspect
>that it's not are as follows.  From Pete's description in the song of his
own
>state of being, I've always had the sense that he was describing the early
>80s period of desolation and drug/alcohol abuse that he was just going
>through/coming out of.  If so, it wouldn't make sense that he was talking
>about Kit, as A) they were not very close at that time and B) Kit was no
>longer working for them.  Comments?

Kit's ouster was more at the hands of Roger and Bill Curbishley than at
Pete's.  I get the impression that Pete went along with the change and
subsequent lawsuits reluctantly and always appreciated what Lambert did for
the Who early in their careers.  So I don't think it's too far out of the
realm of possibility for the "friend" to be Lambert...

John