Tommy Pinballs

>>From: Cptwlkr@aol.com
>>Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 18:13:54 -0400
>>Subject: Re: Coolest Who Thing

>>It is my understanding that the 'Tommy' machine wholesaled for about $3800
>>new...i don't know what they are selling for used...we were told that there
>>were 5000 machines built and that all were sold back in '94...ours was a
>>gift....

>>Best Regards...Joel

Joel-

I toured the DATA EAST factory when TOMMY played Chicago.  Joe Kaminkow said
at that time (the TOMMY pin had already finished its production run) that the
wholesale price was $2900, and that I could find a refurbished one for $2200.
 He also said that the machine did not sell well, I believe he said they made
less than 2000 machines.  Two of the prototypes managed to follow us around
on tour and were prominently displayed in the lobbies of some of the theatres
we played.  I can e-mail you Mr. Kaminkow's number at DATA EAST if you'd like
more info.

Scott