Re: Kenney Jones, Bruford

Hi Henry!

Bill Bruford was in Yes, then left to join King Crimson (in 1973) (that
subsequently released 3 amazing studio albums).  After King Crimson
disbanded (1975), he joined Genesis on the road to help out (I think in
1976).  After this I think he disappeared until Anderson, BRUFORD, Wakeman,
Howe toured and put out an album in 1989.  Now, I think he returned to Yes
for that last album they released.

Hope this helps.

Doug.

At 09:55 PM 5/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Why was Kenney Jones tabbed for this gig?  I think he was chosen by Pete (at
>least Pete says, in the latest Q, that he picked him) in an effort to
>drastically alter the Who's sound.
>
>Jim,
>
>I think the most believable reason is the one that Townshend seemed to
>state with the most consistency in interviews of the time -- and that is
>that Kenney had a "similar" background to that of the Who. The whole
>mod thing, I suppose.
>
>Townshend seems to have a pattern, also, of sticking with people, and Jones,
>as you noted, entered the Who "family" through his Tommy session work.
>
>Interestingly enough, I recall Kenney appearing with Paul Rodgers on a radio
>show in L.A. during the time of their collaborative project (forget the
>title).  You never heard so many people calling in asking to speak to Kenney.
>Praised him up and down, especially about his work on "It's Hard."  He was
>truly overwhelmed and, dare I say it, touched.
>
>On another note, and I know this is probably an ignorant question, but I'm
>drawing a blank on Bill Bruford.  Who is he (was he in YES?)?
>
>Thanks, Henry

Douglas L. Ciceri

Tectonic Studies Group
Department of Geology