Re: Here For More

Gordie, re:

>I was just listening to "Here For More" from the 'Back 2 Back - Rarities' CD
and really enjoyed it.  I guess it's been years since listening to it on my
old records.  Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what other people think of
the song.

I always thought it was a decent song in a Who/C&W kinda way...

>BTW, the copyright on my CD says 1991 Polydor Ltd. (U.K.) and is number 847
670-2.  A sticker on the cover said "Made in Germany", but I don't trust
stickers.  It also says that the CD is also available on MC 847 670 - 4.  I
remember Fang saying that the German pressing was the best. Is that what I
have?

I don't have the serial numbers in front of me, but the German one also says
"Polydor... (UK)" on it, but the disc itself should say "Made in Germany"
somewhere. The original, UK release was made at the now infamous PDO plant in
the UK, where CDs have been known to "deteriorate" over time. Besides, that
potential loss factor, the original UK release edits both "Water" and "Baby
Don't You Do It", where the German one, doesn't...

Look at it more closely, I think you'll see it was made in German as the
original pressings were done in the UK around 1988-90...

-wf