Re: Pagey, Jamerson

Kevin-

<<OK, how about Page was never one-half the guitar player that any of
those others is? I really don't give a damn how many styles Page could
incorporate. I mean, it isn't like I'm going to buy someone's album
just so I can trace all the possible roots of what they are playing.
As a blues player, Green was the best of that bunch (and I bet Clapton
would be the first to agree). Green was just scary sometimes, he was
so good (and I heard he is starting to play again). Beck is the best
guitar player to have ever come through the Yardbirds, and I never
quite figured out why he never got the attention the other two did.>>

Just to clarify-

While I disagree with your assessment of Page, I didn't say that Page was
equal to or better than the other players.  I was refuting Mark's comment
that Page "didn't do anything that Clapton, Green,and Beck (among others)
weren't already doing."  Page did do some things that those guys didn't do,
but that doesn't mean you have to like his playing.

<<And no bass lover should overlook the work of
James Jamerson, the premier Motown bass player. You've all heard his
work, even if you never knew who did it.>>

Couldn't agree more.  Jamerson was the greatest of all, IMHO.

Scott