Roger's view on Zeppelin

Mark L wrote:
>>If you want to hear what Roger thought of Zeppelin in 1970 (when the Who
were >>in their prime), e-mail me.

>Please, tell us all.

Okay!  Once again, I'm doing this without permission, so don't tell anyone...

        As told by a man who was there.
        The year was 1970.  The date was January 9....
        "Roger Daltrey was backstage with a drink in his hand, accompanied
by his girlfriend, Heather.  He was watching the show [Zep concert] with an
astonished look on his face.
        'I know why no one wants to play with these guys,' he said.
'They're just too good.'"

        Personally, I think that the Who was suffering from a lack of
confidence (or at least Roger was suffering a bout of low Who-esteem) at the
time.  Surprising, when you consider that 5 weeks later they played at Leeds
university and....

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________

"She sang the best she'd ever sang..."