Re: My Generation

<<Mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
Subject: Re: My Generation as the 1st rock album/song

Townshend wrote My Generation in `65, based originally on a Blues style but
somewhere along the way the structure changed into what was
recorded...something new, which incorporated much of what had happened
before without sliding into any one style. That was Rock.>>

Mark, I have heard you make this argument a number of times.  While I am not
inclined to agree/disagree at this time, I must say that to me, MG sounds
like a blues song.  All the riffs in it are standard blues riffs.  Let me add
that I love this song, it definitely rocks.  But what are these structural
changes you always refer to?

Thanks,
Scott