Re: Re-united Who

I would love to see the 1979 version of the Who again with a different
drummer.  That was the last time IMHO that The Who had shows when the
intensity level was unmatched by any other group.  I loved the '82 and '89
shows but they lacked the energy of earlier shows.  However, that is the part
of me that remembers how The Who were, after seeing Pete and John recently
and Daltrey in 94 I would like to see a re-invented Who.  I'm not sure what
form this would take but the stripped down Townshend show was my favorite of
the three.  So I guess what I would like is a stripped down semi-acoustic
Who.  No guest stars need apply!  I would also like to keep them out of
stadiums and play smaller venues.

After the Friday Townshend show in NY I spent a hour or two talking with Bob
Pridden and he said that Pete admired how Neil Young was constantly
re-inventing himself and that Pete wanted to do the same.  Bob said that Pete
was having a great time on this mini tour and would not be suprised if
something in the future involving John and Roger, other than Hyde Park, took
place.  However, Hyde Park seemed to be the big test.  Let's hope that it
goes well.  It will be interesting to see what Pete's vision of reinventing
himself will be.

It sound like the future looks good for us Who fans, now if they only could
release a proper live retrospective.  Or better yet individual concerts.
 Enough dreaming.

Cheers,
David

PS Anyone interested in trading for live shows send me your list and let's
trade.