drummers who "replace" Keith.

Guess Who got me to pick up drums when I was but a lad?
 Moon was the only drummer I've ever heard who has absolutely blown
me away (to this day).  It's not the chops really (and they are plenty good)
it's the fact that he THOUGHT of the chops that makes his playing
such genious (and I don't use that last word lightly).

 Here's my question:  Does anyone out there
think, like myself, that Simon Philips, though an excellant drummer in his
own right (and I really mean that...), really did not capture the feel of
the Who?  To be more specific, does anybody out there think, like myself, that
Simon P. actually blew several tracks with his particular approach?  For
referance check out the live version ('89) of "I Can See For Miles" in which
Simon does not (refuses?) to play the 16th note "fills" or "rolls" during
the chorus -- instead playing a straight beat.  How can any drummer listen
to the original version of "I Can See..." and decide to axe this part?
This to me is a prime example of Philips not having a real, soulful
connection to the original music.

Who does?  If I was King for the year I'd call up Clem Burke (ex. Blonde, ex
certain tracks on WHITE CITY) and tell him to get his butt down to Hyde Park.
Why Burke?  Because he kicked over his drums on stage on the night that K.
Moon died and yelled "here's to the greatest drummer that ever lived, Keith
Moon!"  PLUS, listen to his work on the Who covers cd!