Re: TWSMG (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Well, as many here might be tired of me saying this, but being properly
> baited, I consider MY GENERATION the ultimate foundation of Rock
> music...that is, the first album that was Rock instead of Rock N Roll.
> The short version:
> Until MG was released (as can be easily seen by checking out the other
> albums around) bands were doing recycled Chuck Berry/Blues.

Let's see: Rubber Soul, Highway 61 Revisited, Turn!Turn!Turn!, Beach
Boys Today, Kinks Kontroversy, Begin Here, Do You Believe In Magic?
were all released around the time of MG, I think. These were all just
recycled blues/Chuck Berry?

> MG broke the
> structural boundaries and formed Rock, which was free to structure in any
> manner the writer choose.

Let's just say that MG was among the first albums to do that. I mean,
it's a great album, but nothing rarely happens alone, you know.
Jukka
elm: k20963@kyyppari.hkkk.fi
http://kyyppari.hkkk.fi/~k20963