Re: BBE vs. STH/Popularity

Doug, et al.,  re:

>Whether it is a better song than
>BBE, I will let you WF and Litgo discuss and enjoy your posts!

I've been gone for a few days (yes, I must have a life, or something) so I
haven't been involved in this debate, or any others for that matter. Did my
name come up as a LZ or BBE proponent? I haven't read any of the previous
posts -- I figured if anything important happened, it would come around
again, just like the veritable soap opera that we participate in here!

I was once a LZ 'fan' but have grown rather tired of their brand of music.
Especially after spending the entire weekend with an ear glued to the damn
AOR station listening for who songs (20th caller wins a CD and is entered
into a drawing for all-expense-paid 5-day gala trip/tour to London at the and
of June). So picture Clockwork Orange meets Eraserhead. To no avail, I was
9th caller once and 15th caller another time. :((((((((((((( [infinite
sadness]. I'll have to go postal if I hear another Pink Floyd, Tom Petty,
John Cougar, Bob Seger... you get the picture.

Back to LZ and BBE, it depends on how you quantify your argument. I'm so sick
of hearing Stairway that I don't consider it in relation to who songs, BBE in
particular. In fact, I find any comparison of this type to be extremely
flawed due to its highly subjective nature. If some AOR station called me and
asked me to name "MY" top 10 rock songs of all time, Stairway would not be on
my list. But to name "THE" top 10 songs, it would certainly have to be.
Stairway, WGFA, Light My Fire, Running with the Devil seem to be the some of
the perennial favorites on these Labor Day lists. Doesn't mean I want to
listen to them, though.

In fact, I'm almost as sick of hearing BBE on the radio as Stairway. Yes,
yes. Call me selfish. It's good the Who are getting airplay, etc. But I'm an
extremely irritable person (IMHO and IMWNSHO) and, after working for an AOR
station in college, I really have trouble sitting through anything that's on
a high-rotation list of an AOR station.

BTW, the music store scene in Wayne's World I was too classic!

Well, I'm sure I've added absolutely nothing of value to this discussion, but
at least I got to tell 'bout my weekend.

BTW2, saw Quadrophenia again (found the Rhino tape at Best Buy) and was
somewhat disappointed. Whoever said last week that the Tommy movie held
closer to the original story was right.

That's all....

Litgo