Re: TWSMG

>Jim, re:
>
>>Who from SELL OUT on are rock--bigger sounds
>
>Compared to "My Generation"??? You need to listen to a good version of the
>album to appreciate it. "My Generation" IS Rock... (I think Mark L can give
>you a better low down...)

wf:

Well, as many here might be tired of me saying this, but being properly
baited, I consider MY GENERATION the ultimate foundation of Rock
music...that is, the first album that was Rock instead of Rock N Roll.
The short version:
Until MG was released (as can be easily seen by checking out the other
albums around) bands were doing recycled Chuck Berry/Blues. MG broke the
structural boundaries and formed Rock, which was free to structure in any
manner the writer choose.

                   Cheers                   ML