Re: It's the Year 2000--Come See The Who!

At 02:03 PM 5/27/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim, re:
>
>> Do those of us who've seen them at least once accept that the Who really
>don't need to tour anymore?
>
>I'm OK if I never see them again, although I *am* looking forward to finally
>seeing "Quadrophenia". However, keep in mind there's a whole generation out
>there that NEVER saw them and they would like a chance...
>
>-wf
>
>The Who have given so much to modern rock, PT in particular having
sacrificed part of his health (i.e., his hearing) to give us this gift, that
it seems churlish to press for a tour of the upcoming Quad Hyde Park show,
at least one which would try to emulate the band as it was in the 70's. On
the other hand, if PT sees fit to want to "do it again" (pace Ray Davies)
for whatever reason, I'd like to see this show as I believe PT would never
make it anything less than enjoyable and possibly it could be really good.
And as many have noted, Quad lends itself perfectly to the current
Townshendian concept of a rock stage show, so, as John Lydon reportedly said
when asked if the Sex Pistols should undertake the tour they will now
perform, "Why. The. <Picard>. Not."(!).....Gary M.