The Band's name...

I usually put the Who, with a lower case t and a capital W. :) Of
course, I don't say "These are some the Who songs" because it sounds
stupid, in such cases I just use Who.

As for singular vs. plural verbs (the Who is/the Who are), I was always
taught that it was more proper to use singular verbs when the collective
noun is singular (the committee is voting now). Or, to be less boring,
the Who IS, but had they not changed their name, it would be the High
Numbers ARE. :)

                                    -Yellow Ledbetter
one of those dull people who loved English class even more than lunch
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com