Re: Worst Who Songs

> Yeah, but all of THAT is in a historical sense. When I listen to a song,
> either I like it or I don't. Sometimes it takes a while before I "get used to
> it" and develop a "taste" for it. But I never say... you know, this song has
> historical proportions, therefore... I HAVE to like it!
>
> I have no interest in studying pre-Who music, I have other interests and that
> isn't one of them. AS for the popcorn song, if they don't play it at the
> movies, then I probably never heard it... Guess I ain't "human"... (but you
> knew that already...)

I think you missed the point of my post.  Sure Im interested into how
rock music came to be, but since I like Jazz this is a given.  I'm
naturally drawn towards this music.  Thinking about it's historical
significance is an afterthought and only mentioned when the question
"Why" is brought to mind.  I was aware of the Beatles, Elvis, and Buddy
Holly before the Who so it wasn't like "gee I need to know how the who
came to sound like they did", call it a musical evolution.

Now if you want to talk about FORCING oneself into likeing music, I will
point you to some of Roger and John's solo material.  Some of it doesn't
even sound CLOSE to the Who.  Personally I can't stand some of it.  John's
stuff is pretty decent mostly (love Whistle Rhymes) but Roger's material
barring McVicar is very questionable.  Or howabout going to see Roger act?  Is
he that great of an actor, or is it because "hey man he sang in my
favorite band"?  Granted he's not bad in what I'm seen, but he's no Sean
Connery.