Re: The Sound Of Blood And Thunder

Mark L wrote about the two sides of the Who:
>I submit that The Who did this B&T sound best...others have been heavier and
>louder, and others have been bloodier [snip], but no one was better. Dave
>Davies may have invented power chords, but Townshend perfected them.
Hendrix >made his career using feedback...but Pete controlled it years
earlier. "Heavy" >wasn't heavy until the album MY GENERATION, and Punk
didn't exist until Daltrey >declared: "I'm gonna know you woman/And yer
gonna know ME!" (in the Biblical >sense, I assume) and "I'm gonna do
anything/Right or wrong/I'm gonna talk >anyhow/And get along/I don't care
anyway/I never lose..."
>One the other hand, few songs are as beautiful as Sunrise.

        I don't think I would like the Who without the two wildly different
aspects.  There's no mystery to a band that only screams Punk or croons love
songs.  That would take away a great deal of mystique.
        We all know that the Who was made of disperate personalities, and
the music reflects that.  The music is the Who, as well as the guys themselves.
        I've said it before and I'll say again: would we have them any other
way? 8-)

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________

"...And chaos then will reign in our Rael..."