Underture

  Yes, I admit it! I hate this song! I skip over it every time I listen to
Tommy. But oddly enough I like Sparks very much. The reason I don't like The
Underture is that it IS Sparks!!! It's the same damned thing over and over.
Honestly, I get bored with Sparks (As it is on the LP, live is a different
story) I can understand the whole mental journey that it supposed to
represent, I just don't think that it represents it very well. It is not the
length, "Some of my favorite songs are long" :) In all honesty I don't think
that the song, as it is on the LP makes effective use of it's time (Kind of
like Rich T and this list!).

  As much as people can't believe that I don't like the Underture, I'm
supprised at how many people dislike "Athena". I happen to like this song
very much (all of those Underture-lovers are saying-"Figures!") I think that
it was a good, new, and fresh sound for The Who at the time. I'm also
supprised at the amount of poeple who dislike "Cache, Cache" But I guess
variety is the etc. etc.

Vac