And The Deranged

>The irony of it is, RT was merely trying to get some people to "stop that
>behavior."

Scott:

RT wasn't "merely" trying to stop behavior, he set himself up to judge our
behavior and control it. Which he hasn't the right to do. WF and the rest of
us were trying to stop RT from sending annoying and (in my case) abusive
private EMail. Big difference. We can certainly do what we can to stop
someone from harrassing us, wouldn't you say? Are we to roll over and be
had, uncomplaining?
I don't think so.
I wonder what would have happened if he had posted each one of those notes
to the Digest? Would you feel differently after having read x amount of the
same note over and over and over? Especially when it wasn't warranted?
I'll say it again: no one at all has tried to stop RT from posting here on
the Digest.

><<RT having contacted me extensively, I can assure you that he has no
>intention of compensating for the damage. He still considers himself to have
>been correct, in fact.>>
>
>Damages?  What exactly are these damages?

That was a figure of speech, as surely you must know. You used the term
"compensating."

>And Muddy Waters too, but I digress... Do you recall when I said I was
>offended by Fang's racial comments?  You and a few others wrote me publicly
>and privately and told me to lighten up, don't be so sensitive (I don't think
>I got 14, but maybe 8-10).  I asked you if there wasn't something I could say
>to upset you...

To be specific, I asked why it was OK to make fun of (say) a Southern accent
but if it was a black person who was the butt of the joke it suddenly
becomes offensive. I still feel that way. Would you be angry with me if I
did my outrageous Irish accent (as I do in a series of Lucky Charms jokes:
"I know what I'll do...I'll turn meself into Jeffery Dahmer and eight the
little children. They're magically delicious.")? How `bout my over-the-top
Cockney accent for Brian Damage, leader of Heavy Metal band Brian Damage And
The Deranged (seven lead guitarists, first album Molten Steel because the
walls of the studio melted)? Or my psuedo-British Punk band Smegma, whose
first hit was: How Can I Be Suave (With Blood On My Face)?
I can do a German accent fairly well, too...I wouldn't expect Bernd to be
upset with it, and besides I have a bit of German blood anyway so I guess
it's cool. And then there's my game show host voice...any game show hosts
here? Dip Nipperson by name, Wheel Of Death by trade.
What upsets me? Not much. I never said I was upset. I was annoyed, but never
upset.
Uh, Newt and Rush upset me. How's that?

                   Cheers                   ML