Re: If you eat a tree does it cry?

Mick, re:

>A life is a life is a life.  It's more a matter of cultural background than
morality.

hMMM... wasn't that the topic of Pete's song on the "Playing For Keeps"
soundtrack? :)

Rather than start a VEGETARIAN list, very simply, it's like this... People
have choices. And, to survive, they must eat something it's where you draw
that line (or don't) that makes the difference. If you eat cows, then you may
as well eat dogs, cats, horses, people, etc as you're only really
distinguishing by looks & personality (like you said, you wouldn't eat a
friend...) Then you go down to the next tier, which are birds and so on and
so forth... it ends with... "gee, I can eat berries". However, you can't
survive on berries, so something must die for you to live.

I'm certainly not going to preach my ethics here (I know how "guilty" Bernd
feels right now)  and if anyone wants to discuss it further, they can e-mail
me...

-wf