New "Quad"--MCA Piece of <Picard> confirmed!

I received a fax from England today. The word describing the  "new" MCA
"Quad" that I sent was "horrid".

It's interesting to note, that I haven't played my original MCA CD since I
first got it when it was originally released. I played it the other day and
honestly didn't remember how BAD it really was. I've been playing the tape of
my Japanese vinyl or the Polydor CD---both of which always sounded great. I
can appreciate someone getting the new MCA version and thinking it's an
improvement. From my perspective, they are both pieces of <Picard>. I
strongly suggest seeking out the Polydor CDs (whichever mix you prefer) as it
may be a while before MCA is able to sort this whole thing out. After all, if
you love the album, you should at least be able to listen to it the way it
was meant to sound...

- -wf