Re: The attack of Germany or Mark vs Bernd

WF:

You hate to see this thing end, don't you?

>Actually, I think most people were expecting, if not counting on you walking
>in and finishing your "debate" with Bernd. It seemed as if an "unresolved"
>matter, would be resolved, face to face. Personally, I would have thought it
>very interesting to see how the both of you would discuss this and even
>perhaps end this... If you think about the amount of time the 2 of your have
>devoted to this "debate" versus all other conversations, it would have stood
>to reason that you'd be keen on finishing it...

Ah, yes, but since then we've learned that there was no possibility of
resolution, due to the debating manner of...well, you know. So it was and
would have a complete waste of time (not to be confused with the Monty
Python CD-ROM of the same name). I can appreciate your desire for a conflict
(even as I arrived, first of the two, you told me that you had brought the
boxing gloves, and I can only imagine what you might have said to Bernd the
night before), but I'm afraid you were to be disappointed this time. All it
would have amounted to would be me saying, "But the Bible says this; it's a
commandment...the direct word of God." and Bernd saying, "This is what how I
interpret it, or what that REALLY means." Which is essentially how the
debate went off the Digest. He has shown that he will not accept another
viewpoint, so there is no point debating anything with him.
No, my time was better spent meeting those members of the Digest who were there.

>Actually, this is an off-handed compliment.

No indeed, it was a straightforward compliment. After, over the course of
the last year or so, having many people EMail me privately and say: "Don't
support WF in this!" I, being a Stern fan, understand your sometimes
abrasive comments. I can also see why others cannot. They need to listen to
Stern.

>2) think perhaps this is a "conspiracy"... :)

Hmmm...good point! I favor the single gun theory, myself...but what about
that damned grassy knoll? I just can't get it out of my mind...

                   Cheers                   ML

"For three generations, Pepsi has trying to make people to believe it's `The
Pepsi Generation.' This is the first one dumb enough to believe it."
                                                                    Unknown