Bootleg police. . .

Well kids, the bad ol' bootleg cops have made their way to North Carolina.
 Yesterday I went to two local stores that specialize in "import" CD's to
pick up a copy of "Lifehouse to Leeds" for a friend, but was stymied at my
first stop, Schoolkids Records in Chapel Hill.  Now Orange County DA Carl Fox
gets a bug up his butt every couple of years about "imports" and gives
Schoolkids a citation, a big lecture and for a few months. . .no imports.
 Then it's business as usual.  So I figured that's what had happened, and
stopped at Poindexter Records here in Durham (where I do most of my
business).  No "imports".  So I asked my buddy Jack Campbell (who owns
Poindexter) what the deal was, and his exact words were:  "The police sent a
representative who informed me that they would be inspecting my store for
illegal recordings in a week and "if" I had any I "might" want to get rid of
them.  As the cop was a friend of mine who has purchased several imports from
me, I asked him what the deal was and he said the feds were leaning on the
state who were in turn leaning on the local police departments.  He also said
to expect a big show of force somewhere in the state within the next week or
so, and sure enough a friend of mine in Charlotte who distributes imports got
his ass thrown in jail last week."  So Mark, if you deal in "imports" I hope
you're reading this.  As goes North Carolina, so goes South Carolina...

AThosWhite