re: 45 vs 33

> From: "Jennifer L. Davies" <jen@nt.net>
> Subject: 45 vs 33
>
>         How does this fit into the Who?  Imagine some early Pete or John,
> say at the end of "A Quick One" ("You are forgiven...." falsetto) at a
> higher speed?
>         Talk about the Chipmunks doing "Magic Bus"!

Try an LP at 78 (I had one of those huge wooden entertainment centres from
the 50s or early 60s with a small B&W TV, turntable (16 2/3, 33 1/3, 45,
78) A.M. radio & 8-track given to me by a friend of my grandparents.  I'm
sure in it's time it was top of the line in it's time...  Other obsolete
audio stuff I've had/have:  8-track walkman (RIP)(not really a walkman,
but a battery powered 8 track with headphones & a couple of 2" built in
speakers).  The way the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack was meant to be
heard!  Sony-O-matic reel-to-reel player, which is still fun because it
has 4 speed settings, plays reverse and on the slow setting can get 8
hours of music per side (tape total of 16 hours stereo or 32 hours mono)
The only formats I know of that I've yet to hear the Who on are MD and DCC

IMO falsetto sounds much funnier slowed down or at variable pitch
(replace the speed controls on a turntable with a potentiometer & monkey
around with it while listening to Tomorrow Never Knows)

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

		"Eat more British beef." - Derek Smalls