Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #493

> From: Jacksonjim@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 16:48:27 -0400
>
> To Mark L. et al.:
>
>   One thing I really love at shows is seeing the guys line
> up at the girls' johns!  Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

???  I notice it the other way around, since the lines are more
frequently huge at the women's, some spill over (so to speak) into the
men's line, usually under the aegis of a male SO.

> ------------------------------
>
> From: "Jennifer L. Davies" <jen@nt.net>
> Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 11:38:11 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: 45 vs 33
>
>         I had been listening to some singles (45s), and decided to put on a
> full-length album.  I didn't change the speed from 45 to 33, and it's really
> funny to hear Robert plant 2 octaves higher than he should be.

Going the other way, years ago my sister and I were delighted to
discover that if you play the 45 of the BeeGee's "Nights on Broadway"
at 33, it actually sounds pretty good.  Great beat, great big bass
voices: "Stayin' alive...on the nights on Broad-wayyy..."

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Litgo@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 02:30:58 -0400
> Subject: Re: Last night 7/18 garden show
>
> Bernd, re:
>
> >Nothing really exciting followed.  I finally got bored and left at 3 a.m.
> >together with most of the remaining listers...
>
> Then you must've missed Billy Idol being "helped" out the door. He couldn't
> stand up straight on his own.

Hah, missed that.  Was he lecturing, perchance, on morality at the
time? :-)

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701