Re: Second Night

Lauren and Bernd, re:

>> Always loved "Is It Me?" segment, but "Dr. J" turns my stomach.  For those
of
>> you men at the show, try looking around at the pain in the women's eyes as
>> men sing, "Who is she?  I'll rape it."
>
>I did look around and I felt somehow guilty as a man and I expected to see
pain
>in the women's eyes - but there was none.  Instead, most female fans around
me
>enthusiastically sang along with these verses.  I was quite surprised...

Remember, it's not that Jimmy (or Pete) was insulting women by insinuating
that they would rape them. It was a facet of Jimmy's personality (ies) that
felt it needed to show bravado in the face of adversity. We all know, in the
end, that's not his genuine feeling toward women.

OK - Flame away.

Litgo