Re: questionable lyrics

Jennifer, Re:

>         Why did you feel guilty, Bernd?  Sounds like you're taking
> responsibility for the Who's writing, and all of mankind, on your shoulders.

I always feel guilty if I am enjoying myself at someone else's expense.  Like
now, after having posted a package of not-always-very-relevant notes to the
list only to realize that it made Paul steam :-(.

In our case the question was whether I could wholeheartedly enjoy `Dr. Jimmy'
when there were lots of women around me.  My recollections of the discussion of
The Who's chauvinist lyrics some months ago on the list were still fresh, and I
recalled some female listers having objected to `Dr. Jimmy'.  Hence, during the
first night at MSG, I observed all of the women within my view in order to see
whether they enjoyed the `questionable lyrics' - and they really seemed to,
many of them even singing along with Roger.

During the following nights, I payed less attention to the female audience, but
from what I observed I cannot remember any woman in the garden who stopped her
dancing during the `questionable verses'.  I felt entitled to enjoy `Dr. Jimmy'
just like I do at home...

At the Hyde Park show, this conflict didn't occur since I was surrended by men
only during `Dr. Jimmy'.

Cheers,

Bernd