average

>But there's also a serious disadvantage:  While
>average women are the most attractive ones, average men have a hard life.
>Women rather dig scrawny blokes with huge noses or short tough guys with
>inexpressive faces... :-)

        My sympathies to all the guys who consider themselves "average".  In
my book, though, if you're a Who fan you're definitely far above average.
        Anyway, when it's Pete and Roger we do.  (Pete's nose isn't THAT huge.)
        And maybe you're right, his face isn't very expressive, but what
makes ANY performance, particularly for those who aren't sitting
front-row-centre, is body-language.  Now, the most obvious example is
marching during WGFA.  There's also the clenched fist and stagger during
LROM (highly dramatic), to use something from Quad.
        He has a few expressions; sometimes they're tough to distinguish,
though, due to the deep leathery creases in his face.  There's the twisted
lip during LROM ("On a dry and dusty road..."), and of course a smile now
and then when there's something funny.  He widens his eyes at certain points
(kinda silly), as he did at the end of "Think It's Alright" from the '89
video, just before "Uncle Ernie".
        I've never seen the Who live (please, go to Toronto, Quad!), so I
can't say what he does when cameras aren't rolling, but those are some
impressions from videos.

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________
(Courier font)
"Every year it's the same, and I feel it again...
I'm a loser, no chance to win...."