Re: Who Sell Out Flaws

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Mark Leaman wrote:

> I'd say that's unlikely, since I have played it on four different players,
> one of which is very sensitive to skips (that's the one I use in the store,
> to quality-control incoming CDs) and it's never skipped on any of them. On
> the other hand, those who have reported the skips claim that they skip on
> all players they try them on. So the evidence is that there is a bad batch
> of SO's out there...and thankfully, I didn't get one.

I think it may be a case of decreased reliability rather than outright low
reliability.  My copies of A Quick One Sell Out and Who's Next All skipped
to one degree or another at one point on my 6 year old Sony Discman, yet
not at all on my CD ROM drive and stereo system.  The Discman is fine for
every other CD I have unless the disc is really dirty or badly scratched.
Who's Next and AQO can be played fine if the discs are super clean, but my
first copy of Sell Out had to be returned because it skipped all over the
intro to Armenia, and at various other points on the disc (including ICSFM
and especially in the new material.) I got a new copy and it skipped in
far less places and less often, but I kept my original MCA copies to play
on the discman, and generally keep the reissues with the stereo or CDs I
play while using the computer.  I was surprised by the problems, because
I'd never had tracking problems before, and the L@L reissue has never once
skipped.

> "For three generations, Pepsi has trying to make people to believe it's `The
> Pepsi Generation.' This is the first one dumb enough to believe it."
>                                                                     Unknown

Love that .sig

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

		"Eat more British beef." - Derek Smalls