Re: O-MSMail-Message-Version: 1

Subject: O-MSMail-Message-Version: 1

Kevin, Re:

> Comparing JAE with other bass players of his era I found that, yes, he's
> a perfectionist...
> <<<
>
> Topped only by Chris Squire.

Recently, I heard lots of people compare CS to JAE, and that thing made me
curious.  I checked out several Yes records and listened to them very
carefully, but I couldn't find anything exciting in the bass line.  Good bass
playing, yes, but way, way behind JAE.

So, if you can recommend any reference songs where CS excels IYO, I'd be
grateful.  Up to now, my impression of him is that he is the only remarkable
spot in the awfully wailing Yes sound...

Cheers,

Bernd