re: Flame Wars

>On the other hand, it made me very sad to see that Mark L didn't have the guts
>to behave in real life like he does on the list.  His begging for pardon on the
>list right before we were about to meet in NYC without even trying to apologize
>for having insulted me in private e-mail seemed very ridiculous and maybe even
>cowardly to me.  I'd rather like to have a fist-fight than someone trying to
>make everything unsaid and undone only for the moment of personal
>confrontation, but that's the way life sometimes goes... :-)

Bernd:

Ha! I cannot believe you wrote that, after I was so nice to you. What a
backbiter you've turned out to be! There are a few things you've left out,
wouldn't you say?
Like:
A) I never insulted you, just your religion (and see what sort of individual
it turns out? Guess I was right)...and I told you at the time that you
shouldn't take it so personally. So naturally I didn't apologize for
something I hadn't done. If you were waiting for that, you had a long wait.
I cannot believe you are so naive.
B) I told you that I would greet you with a smile and a handshake, for I had
no hard feelings...you apparently do, which I notice did not manifest
itself. If you were so angry, why did you act so meek? Why not say: "OK,
Leaman, let's settle this now!" may I ask? I'd say that if ANYONE'S behavior
was cowardly, it was yours...I even joked about the debate, to which you
didn't respond in a negative way. Since you were soooo angry, you had a
perfect opportunity to do something about it. And you didn't. Who's a
coward? Did you expect me, with no anger at all about the debate, to
challenge you to a fight in a social situation? Get real...I'm not a cave
man (or a Xtian, thank God). We have a higher standard in the US, I guess.
We're civilized.
C) I was and am exactly the same there and here...ask someone who knows,
like Shelley or WF.
D) Saying: "I hope you're not angry" on the list before you came hardly
constitues "begging for pardon." I sincerely hoped that you weren't so petty
as to be angry about a debate. Apparently, that was a vain hope.
Bernd, your religion has taught you nothing. You'd prefer a fist fight, as
you say...I guess I just have higher expectations of an adult. If you should
be saddened by anything, it should be your expectations of a fight when
coming to America. This is what I get for treating you with respect...I
won't make that mistake twice.
I feel very sorry for you.

                   Cheers                   ML

"For three generations, Pepsi has trying to make people to believe it's `The
Pepsi Generation.' This is the first one dumb enough to believe it."
                                                                    Unknown