Re: A Somewhat Quick Review of 7/21

Jason, Re:

> Jody Linscott.  When she was on the Tommy tour, I could hear her.  I think
> she's extraneous for this tour, does anybody know any numbers where you
> can really hear her, other than the timpanis before LROM?

The problem was that she did hardly get any attention on the video screens and
that there was no spotlight directed to her.  So, from most of the seats in the
Garden, you couldn't see what she was doing (unlike at Hyde Park, where she was
clearly visible on the stage and got lots of screen shots).

The truth is that Linscott was indispensible on the cymbals and at the gong.
Without these contributions, the show wouldn't have sounded as good as it did.
She did a lot of other percussion stuff, some of which being a nice addition to
the sound, some being barely audible.  But all in all it was interesting to
observe her.  She performed the same dance with all of her equipment every
night to keep pace with the rhythm - definitely an interesting and spectacular
way of doing one's duty...

Cheers,

Bernd