Re: The War of Northern Aggression

At Thu, 25 Jul 1996 14:24:24 -0400, RWNomad <Kindari@jcc-uky.campus.mci.net>
wrote:

>>... the Confederate Memorial in Kinston, NC says
>>it best: "Twas not for honor, or glory, but home
>>-- and right he fell."

>     A bit melodramatic, IMO -- "home" should
>read "slaveholding plantation"

Hmmm...I just LOVE the way our educational system teaches students that EVERY
white Southerner owned at LEAST ten slaves (the definition of a "slaveholding
plantation") and fought the Civil War SOLELY so the government wouldn't take
them away.  That's MY philosophy:  If a subject is confusing and has many
different aspects, SIMPLIFY IT down to a single theme that ANY moron can
understand and forget the rest.  Looks like it's working well!

Look away, look away. . .
AThosWhite