Re: Any more out there like me?

Dave Shipway wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jul 1996 Honeychops@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I'm sixteen years old and I really like the Who a lot.  I also have a
> > hunchback.  I'm the only Who fan I know with a hunchback.  Are there anymore
> > hunchback Who fans out there?  Please let me know.
> >
> > Also, does anyone know if Pete Townshend ever wrote any songs about hunchback
> > teenagers and/or adults?  I can't find any.
> >
> > A.J. in California

A.J.,

If you read any of Pete's interviews (particularly the earlier ones) and
insert the word "hunchback" for the words "big nose", I think you'll find
that damn near every one of Pete's songs was written with you in mind.
 During various periods of my life I thought Pete was writing about
whatever current affliction, physical or mental, that happened to be
making me feel the outsider at the time. No matter how bad I felt I could
always put on The Who and I always felt at least someone out there
understands my situation.(Also never underestimate the healing powers of
the Beatles White album.)
  Now the only problem is is that generally I feel good about all that BS
that made me feel left out of this world, except for the fact that I'm
growing old. If only Pete had written some songs about growing old.:)

Mark
Going to look for "They're All in Love" it's got to be around here
somewhere.