Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #315

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996 TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:

> From: Shanon Dell <tommy@selway.umt.edu>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 10:08:56 -0600 (MDT)
> Subject: Pearl Jam
>
> 	And PJ is going to be on tour about the same time as this rumored
> Who tour.  I can't think of a better show than  PJ and Quad.  Pretty much
> the ultimate show (for me at least.)

And for Mr. Vedder, too, I should think.

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Lucas Bleicher <bleicher@fortalnet.com.br>
> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 12:02:51 -0700
> Subject: Perfection
>
> >        Someone make up my mind for me.
>
> >JenniferD
>

> Really????? I *always* thought about John Alec Entwistle as a perfectionist when he's
> plaing. How many times did we see him missing a note? And what about his perfect bass
> runs? Comparing JAE with other bass players of his era I found that, yes, he's a
> perfectionist...

In the liner notes to his _Anthology_ John says that The Who were
always "too tidy" for him; that if that first take was "good enough"
he (John) would be satisfied, but that the others (read: Pete) would
keep at it until it was all note-perfect.  (However, keep in mind that
John was/is capable of such feats as the "The Real Me" bass track on
first-take.)

And if Charlie said it you know it's true...:-)

> From: "Aimee T. Hay" <WonderFem@msn.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 96 16:33:13 UT
> Subject: Bad attitude about NY
>
> In #313 someone really went off about NY...well this was my first time in NY

[8 lines of original material deleted, followed by...: