New York and its smells

Yes, NYC smells bad..but you do get used to it I suppose.  What I wondered
about last week was the date and origin of all those quarter-sized spots
or blotches all over the sidewalks.  I suggested to a friend that they
could be years of chewing gum...?

However:

1) It was bleeding hot and stagnant...makes for worse smells...they aren't
as bad on cool, windy days.

2) Only tourists seem to be caught by the old...keep on flushing: same
color trick.

3) Everything is expensive no matter what...think of the overhead.

4) Most people eat out.  How many people do you see carrying 6 bags of
groceries? None: a) inconvenient and b) the street folks have all of the
grocery carts.  If you have the money you have groceries delivered..if not
you eat pizza, chinese, indian, etc.

5) I would rather live in NY than LA, reluctantly stated.

John Brawley