Pete V.S. Golden Smog

Just spent the last few hours listening to Rough Mix...is it just me or can
Pete write a great acoustic-based rock song (ie Keep Me Turning...My
Baby..) I'm thinking that PT should take advantage of this new
acoustic-countrified rock thing(Wilco, Jayhawks, Golden Smog) and do
something along those lines...Personally, I think it might be a breath o'
fresh air from the last two solo albums, no concept just songs.....anybody
with me ? Think "Sheraton Gibson", "Heart to Hang...".."However Much I
Booze"...but then again this is a case of personal preference innit ?

peace....
pete best