Re: Rog & Pot

>In what sources is this mentioned?  In everything I've read, Pete is always
>mentioned as the pothead.  In the "In Their Own Words" book, Rog says
>something to the effect that he used to smoke a lot of hash in the early
>60's.  Are you sure he still does?

Pete was considered the pothead in the early '60s at art school when it was
considered an adventurous thing to do. Like alot of the pioneer musicians
from those days, Rog John and Keith stayed away from it during those
formative years. Later in the '60s Rog was considered a pothead while he
called the others `junkies', according to one source. John makes fun of
potheads in the "Whistle Rymes" liner notes. Pete claims he quit all drugs
immediately after the STP trip back from Monterey, and eventually quit pot
too (encouraged by Baba needling). At least until Keith died.