Re: Rog & Pot

>At  0:00 AM 96.7.24 -0400, Mark Leaman wrote:
>>>How do you know this?
>>
>>Read about The Who. It's all over the place. Roger the Pothead.
>

>In what sources is this mentioned?  In everything I've read, Pete is always
>mentioned as the pothead.  In the "In Their Own Words" book, Rog says
>something to the effect that he used to smoke a lot of hash in the early
>60's.  Are you sure he still does?

Chris:

Off the top of my head, I can name Before I Get Old...where Pete calls Rog a
Pothead. Something like: "Roger didn't do acid, he was a Pothead."  As for
him still doing it, I haven't heard anything to the effect that he's stopped
(and generally we hear about these things). At least as late as Live Aid he
was reported to be smoking backstage (might be why he rolled around when
Towhshend fell).
But as you know, usually a big deal is made when Rock Stars "give up drugs"
(and usually, as in the case of Townshend, it's not real).
You might recall that I told you about this one: PT made a series of
anti-drug commercials for BBC TV, then not long afterward was seen by a
friend of mine at a party doing coke...and when asked about the commercials,
his response was: "Fuck off!."
Roger, as far as I know, has never been anti-drug.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend