oo

I love all the drugs I've taken except pot (that leaves only one,
excepting cigarettes and beer, of which I only do beer anymore), but
take none.  Goddam stop f*#*#ing bitching about it.  Yes, yes, Virginia,
I've seen the needle and the damage done.  Believe you me.

Awright you chord neophytes (I include the guitarplayer on the latest tour
but suspect ScottyTee has a lot more on the ball in this dept.) I finally
put the goddam tabs in my car and will mail them to Kenny for inclusion on
his page.  I'd love discussion and feedback, etc. Try 'em before you gripe
at me, tho...

Also, the lead guitar tabs will take awhile to  translate to your
particular means of writing them down for yourself.  This is typical:
See: Jimmy Page's lead for Since I've Been Loving You.

Of special interest are the two versions of the opening chords for 5:15.
One is done on the lower frets and is on the album; the other is
essentially a CORRECT!!!!!! transcription FROM piano, and is the version
Townsend did on the vid from Chicago from Dec. 79 I think it was...
Boy did he look horrible at that show.... Played well, tho.

Of interest to me is the chords for the overture.  FIrst four, of course,
are most important - specifically chord four.
I keep beating this into the ground.  Just shut up and play the f($(ing
thing.  Thank you.

And, the two middle eight bits on I'm a Boy are presented, as well as
Sunrise.  Spencer did a stunning job doing this.  I watched him play the
f*$#in' thing.  It was a work of beauty.
And special thanks to Kenny for supporting this.  I think you'll see in
these tabs a whole new world of Townshend.  More to follow.  I give
my friend Spencer Heine total credit for this work.  He got some feedback
from me when I thought he was wet.  I think my next submission is the
live version of Water on Who's Next.  Specifically the chord after the
line, "The policeman, he actin' so tough!".

Once these get published, I issue a challenge to the person who tabs
The Kids Are Alright correctly.  Nope, wrong.  If you play D, A G D, etc.
you're all wet.  Go back and slow it down.  Open chording,
alternate tuning on a 12 string electric, drones, etc.
Wild, wild, shtuff, as Oh Great One would say....