Re: Entwistle...sad ?

At 01:33 PM 07/22/96 -0600, VERBANNM@mail.milwaukee.k12.wi.us (pete best) wrote:
>Re: Jason's comment of JAE during the 7/21 show...why is JAE sad ? 'cos
>after being with PT for a few months he realizes that he really isn't
>anything w/o PT and thewho.If anyone out their can give me a JAE song (solo
>or who) that would be considered a "classic" along the lines of "WGFA" or
>"LROM" let me know..the Ox is one of the  best rock bassists, but as a
>songwriter (be honest now..) it's hard to consider him a "great"
>writer....then again maybe Jason was referring to JAE as being "sad" in the
>sense that, unlike PT or RD, he really has nothing else to do productive
>until PT or RD calls...he more than anyone else has lived and (in
>particular) died with the who.

As a Who fan going on 30 years now, I never cared very much for John's work
over the years. However, looking back I have grown to like a lot of his
work. I think that some of it has stood the test of time very well - Boris
the Spider, Whiskey Man, My Wife, Heaven and Hell. Although I am not a
musician I have a feeling that there is a lot more to these songs than meets
the ears. They might sound like simple children's tunes at first listen but
I don't think so.

Joe
- -----
Joe Giorgianni
Queensbury, NY  12804

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.siggroup.com/thewho/albums