My memories of discovering The Who

>From: SJCurtis@cris.com (Scott Curtis)
>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 05:53:25 GMT
>Subject: Re: hello!

>On Sun, 21 Jul 1996 16:15:30 -0400, you wrote:

>Terry
>Welcome to the list! I for one like to hear how people discovered the
>Who. So, let's hear it.

>Scott

Well,

I guess I have to thank my parents.  My dad had a few singles laying around
"I Can See For Miles," "Happy Jack," and some others so I knew the band a
little.
But it was in the early 80's when everybody started buying VCR's and getting
cable....it was HBO that was showing the Toronto Farewell Tour of the Who.
It was my Mom who said "Tape It!"  So, we watched and abosulutely loved
it!(I still have that tape by the way. Sounds a little rough.)  I watched it
more times by myself which led to us taping "The Kids are Alright" on TV one
night.....My life was forever changed!  I was only 13 at the time...Yes, I'm
not a fan who lived through it all.  I saw the Who in Atlanta in '89.  It
was a big dream come true for me.  This is where I'm living now and hoping
that the Who will come this fall.

That was very boring....but nonetheless that is sort of how I am here
writing to you all wanting to talk about the Who, ya know.  Anybody else got
stories about their discovery of The Who?

Terry