Re: Sat. MSG show - Tech. Probs.

Don, re:

>>Just got back from the Who Quadrophenia show at Madison Square Garden.  >At
>the conclusion of the set, Pete told the crowd that the band would give
>>everyone who bought tickets refunds for the show due to technical
>>problems during the course of the show.
>>Does anyone have info on this??? Have not heard anything on the radio
>>about it yet.
>
>Did anyone on the list go to last nights show? Were there technical
problems?
>If so, what happened? Then again, this could be complete bullshite.

After plowing through the endless mail from the last week, I found one for
which I can provide info.

Pete's wireless for his guitar had some connection problems, resulting in an
erratic signal to his preamp. It makes the guitar sound staticky (for lack of
a better term).Also, some mics were in and out a few times. Gary Glitter's
mic didn't work and they had to hand him a new one.  After QUAD, Pete said
the promoter would refund our tickets. Then he said they would just play some
more songs (as if they hadn't done that the other nights). They played the
usual encore, BBE, WGFA, MB and Naked Eye.
So, except for these problems, a much more satisfying (and louder) show for
me than Wed's.

Litgo