Re: Yellow Journalism *or* Review of Radio Free Quad!

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996 salamander@MADNET.COM wrote:

> part of the preformance that ticked me off. First of all, who exactly IS
> this Gary Glitter character? I'd never even heard of him until he was
> announced as a Quad guest preformer. Is he a lot bigger in England, or
> am I simply to young to remember when Glittermania swept the USA?

Gary Glitter (real name Paul Gadd) was at the forefront of 'Glam Rock' (big
hair, 6 inch platform shoes, silver spangly clothes etc.) which was big in
Britain during the mid-seventies, probably a bit before your time. Groups like
Queen, Slade etc also came through during this era. Glitter had a number of big
hits like 'Come On, Come On', 'Rock and Roll Part 2', and has subsequently
spent the last 20 years milking them to death. To give the man credit, his
shows are normally great for a sing-a-long.

As for your comments about Roger, I'd be more than happy to look like he
does when I'm 52 !

Cheers,

Dave