Re: Flame Me Baby

Scott, re:

<< Dennis Miller is the news guy from Saturday Night Live that has his
 own show on HBO now. He's pretty much a political satarist. I wouldn't
 expect you to know that though because you are so damned FOCUSED!

Never saw him. I don't think I ever saw a full episode of Saturday Night,
either for that matter. When it first aired, I thought it was an American rip
of Monty Python...

>> I've never met someone as FOCUSED as you! It's either The Who or Star
 Trek with you man. I really admire a man that can find out what he
 enjoys in life and FOCUSES only on those things.  >>

I'm not sure "focused" is the right word. My friend Liz and I were talking
today and she recalled an ex-friend of mine saying that I was the most
"relentless" person that he ever met...

To my advantage, I have a near photographic memory. This helps me absorb and
store facts and figures. As much as I love The Who, I don't consider myself a
"fanatic". That term I hold for the people spending their "life savings"
going to see them. I would never do that. I've spent large sums of money
collecting their records, but a) I make lots of money :) and b) the
collection has value from an investment standpoint.

While I love the original Star Trek and don't respect the silly
non-adventures of captain baldylox, it's really just a matter again, of facts
and figures. I could probably give you the same kinda information about the
history of Mercedes-Benz or some other interest of mine, but that wouldn't
translate well to The Who Digest, especially if I'm trying to make a funny.
For example, it's very easy to say the bad "S" word is <Picard> because as
far as Star Trek goes, Picard is a <Picard> captain. Now, can you picture me
trying to say something "funny" about the first Diesel Mercedes?

BTW, it was interesting to see the look on people's faces when they walked up
to me and said, "Who are you"??? And I replied, "Rich". Then they say
something like, "Oh, nice to meet you!" and then I said, "Rich, as in White
Fang." and then they'd say, "YOU'RE WHITE FANG!" with eyes wide open... (I
didn't forget to brush my teeth, did I?)

I guess here by the sea and sand, nothing ever goes as planned...

So... there you have it... or some of it, anyway... :)

- -wf